Thursday 14 October 2010

Tonights Menu.





Cooked for my mate Miko tonight (when will someone cook for me!) he is a chef at D&D's The Avenue restaurant, he was previously head chef at Launceston Place.
Both of us agree that the further into our careers that we get, the more we enjoy simple food, great produce cooked well! Why are there not more chefs that cook like this? Why do we have to complicate things?Great produce, well cooked and seasoned, you just cant go wrong. So that is what I tried to do, and achieved, well maybe the meat was just slightly overcooked, but he was 30 mins late, so I am blaming him!

The Menu,

Grilled Endive with pears, gorgonzola, lemon juice and olive oil.

Beef Sirlion, roasted on the bone with thyme roast potatoes and onions, green beans and Salsa Verde.

2 comments:

  1. At last something I would love to eat.When can I come around for lunch??

    ReplyDelete
  2. But with Bisto instead of Salsa Verde and a few Aunt bessie's frozen Yorkshire puddings!

    ReplyDelete