Saturday 17 July 2010

Pimlico Farmers Market.













I never really get Saturdays off, as it is one of the busiest days in the restaurant, but this week I got lucky and landed the whole weekend off! Disco!
So on the rare occasion that I do, I make my way down to Pimlico Farmers market, its just a 15 minute bike ride down Chelsea Embankment from my house and although it is fairly small, only about 15 or so stalls, all the produce on offer is great, fruit and vegetables bang in season, great Cheeses, fresh fish (which is a rare luxury in the big smoke), well looked after meat and loads more. My only problem is that I always buy to much and end up trying to ride home with cabbages hanging out of my rucksack and carrier bags hanging from my handle bars!
I bought some great vegetables, 2 fresh Mackerel (a real brain food and one of my all time favourite fish, great value also @ only £2 each!) a great goats cheese from an independent supplier in Sussex (Nut Knowle Farm, Worlds End, Gun Hill, Horam,East Sussex), real quality, creamy, sweet and crumbly, and some great honey from Kent (Homestall House, Shoreham Lane, St.Michaels, Tenterden, Kent) Which was also quality, you can really taste the effort gone into producing it, I will probably drizzle some of the honey on the Goats cheese and eat it with some bread for my breakfast tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment