Wednesday 13 October 2010

Truffled Eggs.






Now I am the first to admit that I make bloody good scrambled eggs, and these were extra special as I added thin slices of the truffle that Freddie gave me last week (Truffled risotto to follow)!
I think the secret is to always use good quality eggs, loadsa butter and black pepper, I never like to use milk as I find that adding milk dilutes the flavour (if using good eggs) and the cooked eggs become watery. I tend not to mix the eggs to much, I like a kind of marbled effect between the white and yolk. I also tend to slightly under cook the eggs, as the continue cooking a few minutes after leaving the pan.
I don't really use truffles all that much and therefore don't own a truffle slicer, so I used a razor sharp Sashimi knife instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment